5/31/2015

Acknowledgements due once again


Doctoral thesis in Translation Studies completed at the Hong Kong Baptist University, once again I thanks are due to all the people who helped in the process. First of all many thanks to the Board of Examiners consisted of prof. Mona Baker and prof. Chan Tak Hung Leo, as external examinors; prof. Tan Zaixi and Dr. Ester Leung, as internal examinors; and prof. Kathleen Ahrens as Chair of the Board. The title of this thesis is "The Images of Western Balkans in English Translations of Contemporary Children's Literature". If you want to know more on the material for this reserch check my dedicated site


 photo credit: Audrey Heijns
photo credit: Sarah Anais Aubrey






















The completion of this thesis would not have been possible without the many people who have readily assisted with locating books, answering questions, and providing contacts.

I am deeply indebted to Prof. Mona Baker, who has been providing continuous inspiration and guidance in pursuing academic research in the area of Translation Studies. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Prof. Martha Cheung, who accepted my idea, provided guidance and helped give it the form it has at present. My sincere thanks also go to Prof. Stuart Christie for his encouragements and insightful comments. Foremost, I would like to thank Dr. Robert Neather, for his guidance and invaluable advice.

There are several people I would like to thank in particular for helping me obtain material: my colleagues Dr. Nataša Pavlović from the Department of English at the University of Zagreb, and Trajce Stameski, from the Department of Macedonian at the University of Skopje, as well as Viktorija Kostoska from the National and University Library in Skopje.

I am most grateful for all my new friends in Hong Kong, who made the transition to a new country and culture a lot easier, and especially my dear friends Audrey Heijns and Sarah Anais Aubry. And I have to especially thank Esther Kwok, from the HKBU Centre for Translation for being a great colleague.

Without the love and patience of my family, Zoran Poposki and Ema Poposka, I would not have been able to get where I am now. They moved half way across the world and were there for me every step of the way.

Finally, I gratefully acknowledge the financial support provided by the Hong Kong Research Grant Council, which made it possible to undertake this research.

No comments:

Post a Comment